Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's February. Unfortunately I've fallen behind on my resolution to update this blog weekly, but I'm here now and that's what counts. 

It has been an interesting month! Amelia was admitted for RSV. Poor little thing has seen the inside of the hospital more than any of the other kids:( Since then, we have met with the surgeon again and are meeting one of his colleagues next week to discuss other options (our surgeon=colostomy, other surgeon=no colostomy). I spoke to Cincinnati Children's Hospital today and we're waiting to see if heading there might be an option also. 

Two days ago, Amelia laughed for the first time. I was letting her "stand" and started to tell her what a great job she was doing. She threw her little head back and gave this little squeal! Nick came running in and said "she laughed!" and the grin on her face was just priceless. We were all laughing...it's funny how even after 3 kids, we all still find the little things exciting. 

Olivia celebrated her 11th birthday this month. The night before, I made chocolate raspberry cupcakes for her class and because of the trip to the hospital, Nick ended up making her a cake that evening and celebrated with her and the kids (and Auntie Nicole and Ro). The next night, we had another cake and did it all over again once we were home! 

Lilah turned 3 on Monday. Again, we celebrated with cupcakes (her choice-vanilla). At the end of the night, she looked at Nick and I and said "I really liked my Happy Birthday." Melt my heart. 

I think I've gained 5 pounds from all of these sweets! 




No comments:

Post a Comment